Riverlife Mirrabooka – Aboriginal Cultural Experience
Meet the local Brisbane Aboriginal Tribe Riverlife Mirrabooka and share in rich Aboriginal culture presented by the Yuggera Aboriginal Dancers in the natural bushland of Kangaroo Point.
Develop an awareness of the diverse aspects of contemporary Aboriginal culture
- by witnessing and participating in traditional song and dance passed down over many generations,
- discovering primitive fire starting techniques
- playing of Aboriginal musical instruments (such as didgeridoos)
- and listening to Indigenous educational talks that offer an insight into Aboriginal life and history of this ancient land.
Other traditional activities such as boomerang throwing, message stick painting, face painting, clap stick painting and traditional food tasting may be included in the Aboriginal experience.
|Day: ||Thursday (12-1pm)*|
|Adults||$55 per person
||call us to book!
|Students||$35 per person (for students between 8-18 years)
||call us to book!|
|Evening: ||Saturday (7-8.30pm)*|
|Adults||$95 per person (includes BBQ and drinks)
||call us to book!|
*Please Note: Our Aboriginal experiences are subject to minimum numbers. Please call us for all enquiries.
‘Welcome to Country' ceremonies
Are you a school or group going on an excursion? Media, international students or visitors to our beautiful country?
Riverlife Mirrabooka also performs authentic ‘Welcome to Country’ ceremonies and promotes an awareness of Indigenous culture, history and traditions. Since the group's formation twelve years ago, the Yuggera Aboriginal Dancers have performed to audiences in Australia and throughout the world. Already popular with travellers from the UK and Europe, their audience members range from Queen Elizabeth II to the street children of Asia.
Private Groups of 20+ people
Private Riverlife Mirrabooka performances are available by appointment for:
- Adults (day performance): $55 per person
- Adults (night performance): $95 per person
Packages for off-site performances are also available.